Friday 6 November 2009

Friday 6th November

Interesting training tonight - started off with 45 mins with the personal trainer who assessed my running stance and noticed straight off that my hips are totally out of alignment. He had also liaised with the physio so knew which areas were of concern to her. He then went through various core and strength exercises to determine my core fitness and how I hold my body in the various stances - very tough and very much favouring my right hand side - one of the exercises involved holding the plank position using hanging rings - very good but very difficult! He is going to develop a programme for me for next week and I have booked in for 4 sessions with him.

After that I did a 30/30 class - 30 mins spin followed by 30 mins of circuit training including shuttle runs and again a lot of core work. All very good but I think I am going to be sore tomorrow after discovering muscles I hadn't used for a long time - and not just my back!

No comments: