Monday 12 October 2009

Saturday 10th October

I took part in the Causeway Coast off road 10k today. This was part of an off-road festival with a half and full marathon as well. My initial plan was to walk it but I got fed up being overtaken and decided to run a good bit of it instead! The views were spectacular as were some of the climbs. We covered all sorts of terrain - sand, path, grass, steps, rocks, you name it! I finished in 1hr 15mins which I was pretty pleased with. This was one of the best races this year. So much nicer than running on the road. My back survived it but my legs are very stiff afterwards. I think I will aim to do the full marathon in the series next year. So much nicer to battle against the terrain and take in the views rather than going for a time :-)

No comments: